The Arena Summer Event, which takes place on Friday 13 July 2018 at Stationers’ Hall, London, features a panel of five relevant expert speakers who will explore how attracting, developing, engaging and retaining great people is essential to a business’ success.
The line-up of speakers features: Hazel Detsiny, Managing Director, Unilever Food Solutions; Stephanie Hamilton, Head of People & Culture, ISS UK & Ireland; Chris Hill, Chief Executive, New World Trading Company; Jonathan Raggett, Managing Director, Red Carnation Hotels; and Tevin Tobun, Managing Director, Gate Ventures.
Drawing on their own experience and strengths, the speakers will explore how leaders can create an appealing people culture that sets them apart from the competition and draws in the talent. They will also consider the demands and expectations of today’s employees and the opportunities for stand-out, successful people strategies that inspire shared values and beliefs, purpose and progression, strong and inclusive leadership and a sense of belonging.
An exclusive industry insight session will also look at ‘Market Confidence’, including the key challenges and opportunities ahead for operators and suppliers, and the impact of the soft drinks levy.
The programme of thought-provoking speakers and panel discussion features:
• Hazel Detsiny, Managing Director, Unilever Food Solutions – when others are looking to attract great people, Hazel considers how strong and inclusive leadership and communication can help retain talent, especially women
• Stephanie Hamilton, Head of People & Culture, ISS UK & Ireland – purpose and progression is high on the agenda of up-and-coming talent. Stephanie discusses the benefits of a clear development strategy for employees and employers alike
• Chris Hill, Chief Executive, New World Trading Company – as working practices become more flexible and workforces potentially more dispersed, Chris will share his approach to uniting a team of engaged people with a sense of belonging and the impact this has had on his business
• Jonathan Raggett, Managing Director, Red Carnation Hotels – with the workplace increasingly an extension of people’s values and beliefs, Jonathan will look at the role culture plays in attracting and engaging employees
• Tevin Tobun, Managing Director, Gate Ventures – hospitality may not have been the obvious choice for this graduate in medicine, but the entrepreneur has carved a successful career. Tevin will give an insight into where he is now, how he got there, and how he’s inspiring young people to join our progressive industry
Lorraine Wood, Arena’s director, said, “The Arena Summer Event is a new style of event that focuses on a relevant industry theme. We have a fantastic line up of speakers to discuss and inspire our members and attendees on attracting, engaging and retaining people, which is a very important topic for all, from food manufacturers and wholesalers to contract caterers and pub, restaurant and hotel operators.
'Anyone responsible for or associated with recruiting, managing and developing people in foodservice and hospitality should attend.”
The event is from 9am to 3pm and in addition to the educational, engaging and inspiring speaker programme, guests will benefit from networking opportunities and enjoy the superb hospitality of CH&CO, Stationers’ Hall’s resident caterer, which includes a drinks reception and lunch.
Tickets cost £159+VAT for Arena members and £199+VAT for non-members. Tables of ten cost £1431+VAT for Arena members and £1791+VAT for non-members.
For further information and tickets visit www.arena.org.uk/event/3408 or contact Lorraine Wood on email@example.com / 07803 853 618.