The British Institute of Innkeeping (BII) has announced that the National Innovation in Training Awards competition for 2018 is now live, with finalists once again hosted at the glamourous Cafe´ de Paris, London on 20th November 2018.
The BII is collaborating with leading online industry news service Propel to highlight and celebrate individuals and businesses in the sector who put their people first. The BII recognises the importance of raising standards and professionalism across the industry, as well as sharing best practice in training and people development.
Successful NITAs entrants will be those who provide really great training in the licensed on trade in the U.K. - whether individuals, training organisations or pub companies. Our judges will be looking for examples of those who truly put people at the heart of what they do; investing in their teams, innovating, motivating and striving for training excellence.
The award categories for the 2018 competition are as follows:
• Best Training Programme - Leased & Tenanted Companies under 200 outlets
• Best Training Programme - Leased & Tenanted Companies over 200 outlets
• Best Managed Training Programme Companies under 50 outlets
• Best Managed Training Programme Companies over 50 outlets
• Licensee Trainer of the Year Award Professional Trainer of the Year Award
• Best Apprenticeship Training Programme Best Casual Dining Training Programme
• Franca Knowles Lifetime Achievement Award - an industry recognition award, with the winner chosen by a panel led by Keith Knowles, CEO and founder of Beds & Bars.
This award will identify and recognise an individual who leads by example and can demonstrate that people are at the core of what they do. The award is in memory of the late Franca Knowles, who herself was a multiple winner of NITA awards and was passionate about people and training.
BII CEO Mike Clist commented, “The NITAs are a key platform which not only help us highlight how vital the training and development of staff is to our industry, but crucially demonstrate that hospitality can offer individuals a rewarding and varied career- it’s so much more than just a job.
:The NITAs is the ultimate benchmark for training ingenuity in the industry – rewarding individuals and businesses who deliver outstanding mentorship and development for their people.”
Entrants have until the Friday 31 August to complete their entries and can enter more than one category for consideration; criteria for each award and entry forms can be found at www.bii.org.
Each category will have a judging panel consisting of industry experts who will decide who has best showcased their knowledge, understanding and enthusiasm for their respective category. Finalists will be announced before the end of September and will need attend the NITA finals judging day in mid-October.
We wish all entrants the best of luck!