Zip World won Best Attraction Award
At the National Tourism Awards for Wales, the winners were chosen from 44 regional winners, which were selected from more than 400 nominations.
Among the businesses awarded were the best places to stay and eat, the best activity and best attraction which ranged from food safaris; staying in a castle; to adrenaline fuelled zip rides. Awards were also received for best practice in innovation and for the Young Tourism Person of the Year which went to Kathryn Colling of Cambria DMC.
During an evening which celebrated the best Wales has to offer, the Brecon Beacons were recognised as Best Destination and a Visit Wales Special Award for International Achievement went to North Wales.
The winners are as follows:
- Best Activity - Loving Welsh Food
- Best Attraction - Zip World
- Best Bed & Breakfast - Roch Castle
- Best Caravan, Camping or Glamping - Celtic Holiday Parks
- Best Destination - Brecon Beacons Tourism and Brecon Beacons National Park
- Best Event - Visit Cardiff (UCLF'17)
- Best Hotel St Brides Spa Hotel, Saundersfoot
- Best Place to Eat - Ynyshir Restaurant and Rooms, Eglwys Fach, Machynlleth
- Best Self-Catering Monmouthshire Cottages LLP
- Tourism Business Innovation Award- The Wildlife Trust of South and West Wales
- Young Tourism Person of the Year Kathryn Colling - Cambria Tours Ltd / Hafan Epic
- Visit Wales Special Award for International Achievement - North Wales.
Tourism Minister Lord Elis-Thomas attended the Awards, and said, 'The National Tourism Awards are a showcase of the quality and variety of experiences which can be had here in Wales - and also show the commitment ad professionalism of our vibrant tourism sector in delivering these experiences and welcoming our visitors to Wales.
'The industry does an incredible job, and I am so proud of everyone who works in this sector, helping showcase Wales to the World. We have every reason to have confidence for the future - confidence in what we have to offer, confidence in how we are offering it and confidence that those who visit Wales will experience a high quality, memorable experience. Congratulations to all on your well deserved recognition.'
Celtic Manor Resort Chief Executive, Ian Edwards said, 'We were delighted to be able to provide the venue for the 2018 National Tourism Awards for Wales which was a fantastic evening celebrating the very best of Welsh tourism.
'We offer our congratulations to all the winners and also to the finalists on the night - we know that we are blessed with many amazing destinations, venues, attractions and tourism professionals in Wales, but events like this remind us just how fortunate we are and just how large a role tourism plays in the Welsh economy.'
(source: Welsh Government)